Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chinese Sweet Potato and Ginger Soup

This Chinese dessert soup is homely comfort food. When I was little, I always looked forward to when my mum would make this soup for me. It's so simple to make and so delicious to eat! I very much enjoy drinking the sweet soup and eating the sweet potato with the warming properties of ginger. It always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside after I drink this soup :) This dessert soup can be eaten hot or cold but I prefer to eat it hot.


Ingredients

2 large sweet potatoes
2 inches fresh ginger, skinned and sliced
3 ½ cups water
60g rock sugar

Method
  1. Peel, wash and chop sweet potatoes into chunks (size is dependent on personal preference, I like mine chunky).
  2. Bring water in a pot to a boil; then add ginger slices, sweet potatoes and rock sugar. Bring to a boil again then simmer on low heat for 15 minutes with lid on.
  3. Serve hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin