Friday, October 26, 2012

Gumnut Patisserie


My new job involves a lot of travelling. Occasionally I'm in Bowral and I like to stop over at the Gumnut Patisserie to have some morning tea since they have so many amazing sweet cakes on display. Today I tried a hazelnut layered cake and my colleague tried the Opera Gateau. 


This cake has layers of hazelnut mousse and apricot jelly, on top of a hazelnut biscuit base. The mousse is very light and the cake tastes absolutely delicious. The many different textures within these layers of cake make it a taste sensation for the mouth


My colleague ordered an Opera Gateau which was also delicious and rich tasting. Lots of chocolate, coffee & cream!

My coffee (latte) was so-so, a bit too watery for my liking and no creamy frothiness. I've also tried their quiche which tasted nice but unfortunately the pastry had gone soft.

I've heard the pies and sausage rolls are also good but I have yet to try them. Will add an update to this post next time I order one to try.

All in all, if you happen to be in Bowral, Gumnut Patisserie is a really nice place to visit and grab a slice of cake to savour. They've won many awards for their pastries and cakes and I must say, the quality and taste of the 2 cakes I've sampled so far is really impressive. Looking forward to trying some more the next time I'm in Bowral!

Fruit slice & Passionfruit cheesecake


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin